[Asterisk-Users] SIP registrations not staying registered

Race Vanderdecken asterisk at vanderdecken.com
Tue Dec 14 08:06:42 MST 2004

Ian,

	When are the registrations failing? Rather what happened before
they started to not work?

	A vague overview of SIP follows:

	If you restarted Asterisk then it will take a while for the
phones to re-establish their registration as it is the phones
responsibility to register with asterisk under SIP rules.

	If the phone has gone off-line for a period it could be Asterisk
is saying I have not heard from the phone so I am taking it out of the
registration loop.

	The reload maybe causing asterisk to ask each phone to
re-register as SIP allows the "server" to ask each client to do that.

	Does any of this sound familiar or associated to your problems?
If you need more help I can review the code, it has been several weeks
since I looked at that specifically and can let you know how to get it
to work better if the above is not the problem.

	Race "The Tyrant" Vanderdecken
	"In the Land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is Elvis"