[Asterisk-Users] Suggested Literature

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 14 07:23:10 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 13:13 +0000, Paul Brock wrote:
> Gents,
>
> New to the list, and also new to Asterisk.

Welcome.

> I was wondering - other than the official "Asterisk Handbook(Draft 2)" that
> I have stumbled across, is there any other literature that you more
> experienced asterisk users would recommend.

Have a look on asteriskdocs.org or chat with the guys in #asterisk-doc
on freenode irc. They can prolly point you to the latest draft version
of the docs. Also voip-info.org, googleing the mailing list archives and
google in general are your primary friends. Please search them before
asking on the list. Subscribing to the asterisk-users list will give you
a barrage of email but the problems and answers are informational too.

> Also, are there any more resources with regards to configuration examples
> etc etc around at all (looking to initially set up a server with two cisco
> 7960 phones internally (using FWD as a sip network provider).

Sounds pretty vanilla. voip-info.org will have the info. and pulver.com
has SIP and IAX config examples for FWD. The #asterisk channel is also
pretty helpful.

Regards,
Patrick