[Asterisk-Users] sip_buddies mysql table

Greg - Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Tue Dec 14 06:40:16 MST 2004

Not being an asterisk expert, but having been around
the block once or twice when it comes to data and the
like, I have made some observations based on the examples
given on voip-info.org Sip configs.

it appears there is an adjustment to be made in
the sip_buddies example table:

 >>> name
Although set to 30 characters, I don't see where it is
limited in the text file. In theory, this field could be
250 chars long for those who like to get descriptive in
there naming convention. ( I guess this is personal taste).

 >>> insecure
The column "insecure" is 1 character long. according
to a search on the key sip insecure, the 3 values that
are allowed are Null (no value) "yes" and "very" so it
appears that column should be at least 4 chars long .

Example (from voip-info)

insecure=very

insecure=yes ; To match a peer based by IP address only and not peer
insecure=very ; To allow registered hosts to call without re-authenticating

Typically used to allow incoming calls (e.g. from FWD) while having a
type=friend entry defined with username and password.

 >>> amaflags
The column "amaflags" currently 1 character long should be
at least 13 chars long

amaflag- Categorization for CDR records. Choices are default, omit,
billing, documentation
and of course Null though not stated.

 >>> canreinvite

this looks to be 3 chars not 1 (Null, no, yes)