[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk on SuSE 9.1?

Don Hughes support at microtechniques.com
Tue Dec 14 06:27:11 MST 2004

On 13 Dec 2004 at 16:38, Rick Green wrote:

> Asterisk'd ones are different from yours.  Since the sources were
> retrieved successfully, I don't suspect a problem with the different
> cvs. The kernel-source versions are so similar, I suspect a typo on
> your part? Mine is the current version from SuSE today.
>
>   I re-ran `asterisk-update compile` and got basically the same
>   result.
> An 'Error 1' and a message that I don't apparently have the
> kernel-sources installed.  This time, the error was returned on the
> compile of the zttool module, where the last time, it was returned on
> the compile of the zttest module, which is next in the list.  So I've
> gone back one step!
>
>  Anybody got a better idea?
>
> --
> Rick Green

Sorry, yes, the version difference was a typo on my part.

The original asterisk download documentation that I used referred
to the four(?) source directories - zaptel, libpri, and asterisk.
It took me some time to figure out that I did not need the zapel
and libpri stuff unless I was using that hardware, which I was
not, so I just ignored that part.

All that I did was:
  downloaded the cvs files
# cd ../asterisk
# make clean ; make install

It is the zaptel code that needs the linux source.  If you really
need that see the VOIP-info.org Asterisk installation tips.
Basically you need the source, AND the appropriate .config files
and pointers. They say that to setup the environment you should:

# cd /usr/src/linux
# make menuconfig
  (load the config from /boot/config??
  (exit and save current config
# make dep

Then
# cd ../zaptel
# make clean ; make install

If you want to install the asterisk documentation with
# cd ../asterisk
# make progdocs
you also need the following packages:
doxygen, graphviz, graphviz-tcl