[Asterisk-Users] Can a TDM21 and a X100P co-exist

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Dec 14 05:23:25 MST 2004

> > Well.. subject says it all really.
> > I have  a TDM with 2 FXS modules and 1 FXO and a X100P.
> > If I load teh zaptel and wctdm drivers. Asterisk sees the TDM ports fine
> > but not the X100P
> > I have tried several combinations of port numbering but can some kind
> > person with a similar setup to send me the correct zaptel.conf, zapata.conf
> > and which drivers to load with modprobe? many thanks
>
> wctdm is for the tdm400 card only. After you modprobe it, modprobe the
> wcfxo driver and then your x100P will show up. Remember the order you
> load the drivers will determine the oder they are numbered.

Critch,

I don't believe the 'order' statement is true. I played around with a
system containing a t100p and tdm04b and it turned out the t100p driver
had to be loaded first. Tried several different approaches to prove to
myself that I could load the tdm driver first, and could not find any
factual way to do it. Spent a few hours trying and don't have a clue
why, so just gave up assuming there "is" some sort of undocumented
dependency.

Rich