[Asterisk-Users] Snom 190 and lamp field

Eugenio De Vena edevena at gsy.it
Tue Dec 14 04:08:56 MST 2004

Hello,
I tried for almost 2 day to make the Function Keys of Snom phone work. Now that they work, maybe
I can help someone.
The first two steps are simple and documented.
1) Go to Function Keys and make them "destination", type in the extension to be monitored.
2) add a "hint" statement to the extension to be monitored

this is what I discovered and that make the whole thing work on not.

The extension to be monitored must be defined in the same context defined in sip.conf and that
is really important.

I had in sip.conf  context=sipphones and then in my extensions.conf I defined some variables and
include the [day] and [offduty] context. The phones were defined in [day] context and the "lamp field" of
the Snom phone did not work. The lamp were on and did not went on and off with busy/clear line.

If I set in sip.conf the context to [day] the lamp field start to work , this seem decisive in how the busy/clear NOTIFY
process work ( do not know why ). the subscribecontext= keywork does not work in release 1.0.2, maybe in cvs..

I hope this can be useful
Eugenio