[Asterisk-Users] Analog modem testing

Eduardo López Martínez elopez at dit.upm.es
Tue Dec 14 02:12:20 MST 2004

Hello all,

I’m new in all this and i need your help. I have some legacy 56k and 33.6K
modems and I want to test them to work with asterisk before purchasing any
new hardware. Can anyone provide me instructions to test them. My hardware
is:

-        Pentium 500 MHz with Suse 8.1

-        ISDN BRI 1 port. (I have no additional hardware or an ISDN line to
test it)

-        Several modems.

-        A conventional telephon line.

-        A lan connection.

The only thing know how to configure (more or less) is the SIP agent. I’ve
been able to connect two “windows messengers” using Asterisk by adding two
blocks in “sip.conf” and two lines in “extensions.conf” (I read how to do it
somewhere :-)).

The idea is to make calls from a softphone to the PSTN and viceversa.

Thanks a lot!

Eduardo.