[Asterisk-Users] Issues with Asterisk

Olavo D'Souza olavo at pccegoa.org
Tue Dec 14 01:18:38 MST 2004

Hi,

 I am a newbie to Asterisk so please excuse me if this is a real stupid
question.

 I configured Asterisk on Turbo Linux and it seem to work fine with 2
phones. Very simple configuration. There was no voicemail and calls were
made only from X-Lite IP phones on Windows PCs.

 I got ambitious and installed Asterisk on Fedora (Core 2) version of Linux.
I wanted to be able to set up a VoIP phone system on each of the 100
Windows PCs in my office. Installation was no problem at all.

  I am able to make calls, but after 2-3 minutes, I get the "503 Service
Not available" error on the X-Lite Phone. The message on Asterisk CLI is
the "Loop Detected" message 482, "No one to answer the call" or
something even though I am calling phones from different PCs. I tried
removing the "T" and "t" from the Dial Plan as suggested on some site. No
luck.

  Further plans are to setup voicemail and I have not figured out how to
do that yet. I only want all voicemail of the particular extension to be
forwarded to the users mailbox.Thats it. What changes are required in
voicemail.conf? I do not want to use any database for authentication.

 I would appreciate any input on this.

Many thanks in advance!!

Regards

Olavo