[Asterisk-Users] Re: The correct way to get most recent stable

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 01:02:46 MST 2004

In article <02cb01c4e165$eb5e9f90$2700000a at cytelcom.com>,
Matthew Boehm <mboehm at cytelcom.com> wrote:
> OK. I just downloaded asterisk-1.0.3.tar.gz and did a 'cvs co -r v1-0
> asterisk' into 2 seperate directories.
>
> I then did 'diff -ur asterisk-cvs/ asterisk-1.0.3/' and there were source
> code line differences between the two.
> Some code that was in asterisk-cvs wasn't in asterisk-1.0.3 and vice versa.

The v1-0 tag means the latest state of the stable tree. That means the most
recent 1.0.x release PLUS any subsequent bug fixes.

> Which of those is "the most recent"? If someone wants to use cvs to get the
> most-up-to-date-STABLE-version of asterisk, what is the correct cvs co
> command?

In theory you should be able to do 'cvs co -r v1-0-3 asterisk' to get the
actual 1.0.3 release from CVS, but it looks like they forgot to add the
v1-0-3 tag when doing the 1.0.3 release (latest tag is v1-0-2).

> Thanks,
> Matthew

Cheers
Tony