[Asterisk-Users] hardware IAX to PSTN gateway?

tomoki taniguchi tomoki.voip.ml at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 19:36:18 MST 2004

I am setting up an asterisk server but instead of adding fxs and fxo
cards on the server I would rather just use couple of hardware analog
VoIP gateways.  This way my setup is more easily expandable.

I have been trying to find ones that can support the IAX protocol, but
so far I have not been able to locate any.  I have seen the one or two
port solutions like IAXy and such, but I am looking for something
larger.  A unit that can handle 4~8 FXO ports and another unit that
can handle 16~24 FXS ports.  I have seen ones that support the SIP
protocol but from what I understand the IAX protocol would be better
for couse with an * server.  (Using trunking capabilities)

Anyone out there know of any?

TIA,
Tomoki Taniguchi