[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk on SuSE 9.1?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Dec 13 14:38:01 MST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Don Hughes wrote:

> I am using SuSE 9.1 with:
>
> bison-1.875-51.4
> cvs-1.11.14.26.6
> gcc-3.3.3-41
> kernel-source-2.6.5-7.11.5
> termcap-2.0.8-876
> ncurses-5.4-61.3
> ncurses-devel-5.4-61.3
> openssl-0.9.7d-15.13
> openssl-devel-0.9.7d-15

 I went ahead and ran YOU, and verified the resulting version levels:

 bison-1.875-51.4
 cvs-1.11.14.24.6  *
 gcc-3.3.3-41
 kernel-source-2.6.5-7.111.5  *
 termcap-2.0.8-876
 ncurses-5.4-61.3
 ncurses-devel-5.4-61.3
 openssl-0.9.7d-15.13
 openssl-devel-0.9.7d-15

Asterisk'd ones are different from yours.  Since the sources were
retrieved successfully, I don't suspect a problem with the different cvs.
The kernel-source versions are so similar, I suspect a typo on your part?
Mine is the current version from SuSE today.

  I re-ran `asterisk-update compile` and got basically the same result.
An 'Error 1' and a message that I don't apparently have the kernel-sources
installed.  This time, the error was returned on the compile of the zttool
module, where the last time, it was returned on the compile of the zttest
module, which is next in the list.  So I've gone back one step!

  The message which introduced me to the asterisk-update script claimed
"to go from blank linux to complete install in 15 minutes flat."  Well,
I've now spent over six hours downloading, updating, retrying, etc.

  I've got to leave for a few hours to attend a meeting and do some work
for a client, so this'll have to rest a while.  My next step, I think,
will be to read the gcc manpage looking for verbose debugging options,
then attempt to compile just the errant module standalone with some more
verbosity enabled, in the hopes it leads me to the specific header file it
thinks is missing.

 Anybody got a better idea?

--
Rick Green