[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD

Matt Freitag mattf at uspops.com
Mon Dec 13 12:21:58 MST 2004

We tried it using FreeBSD 5.2.1, and it worked ok for the most part. Used it
for SIP VOIP only, no hardware interfaces. We ran into a problem with the
purchased g729 codec from Digium. The registration program did not run. We
tried different versions of the LINUX emulation as well. So, we ended up
switching to RedHat. I will make another attempt at FreeBSD in the near
future because I would prefer to use it.