[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and MySQL

Bill admin at vci.net
Mon Dec 13 12:04:01 MST 2004

    I have Asterisk talking to MySQL using Realtime but for some reason I
keep getting the wrong context used when Realtime makes the MySQL call. I
can see this in my /var/log/mysql.log file. Because of this I can't login to
VoicemailMain from my X-Ten phone. I can login if I statically configure the
voicemail user in voicemail.conf but I prefer the MySQL.

    SELECT * FROM users WHERE mailbox = '0063' AND context = 'default'

    In my sip.conf file I have the default settings except the default
context is set. I removed all the example SIP configs further down the
config.

    [general]
    context=from-sip     ;Default context for incoming calls

    In my extensions.conf file I have the following. All example extension
configs have been removed.

    [from-sip]
    exten => 8500,1,VoicemailMain
    exten => 8500,n,Hangup