[Asterisk-Users] Re: four wildcards in a single pc

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 13 11:54:22 MST 2004

> > 4) All of the preceding notwithstanding, I suspect that the real issue
> > has nothing (or little) to do with interrupt load, but, given that the
> > card uses CPU cycles rather than a DSP, the problem is more likley CPU
> > overload from data handling, which in turn, causes missed interrupts.
>
> I disagree -- I've been doing some (very basic) preliminary testing with
the
> Sangoma A101u card (single/dual-span T1) and even with echo cancellation
the
> card seems to be far more able to handle shared interrupts and high CPU
loads
> without sounding "funny" -- perhaps this is just some kind of driver
issue,
> since really hardware's hardware and 1000 interrupts a second is an eon to
> modern CPU.

Yah my undestanding here / & cursory peek at the wblah drivers is that
the digium driver implements all processing
during the interrupt  including the echo can work, the sangoma driver acks
the irq
& defers the processing to another task so are irqs NEVER dropped on the
floor
like the digium drivers....
It would be nice for Mark to comment on this design flaw ...?