[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on SuSE 9.1?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Dec 13 10:44:40 MST 2004

I am trying to do my first asterisk install on a SuSE 9.1 box, using the
asterisk-update script mentioned a few days ago on this list.

  I did read the 'quickstart' document on onlamp.com, and made sure the
following packages were installed via yast:
 bison, cvs, gcc, kernel-source, libtermcap-devel, ncurses-devel,
newt-devel, openssl096b, and openssl-devel.

The SuSE 9.1 DVD contained openssl-0.9.7d-15.  I hope that's compatible,
since its 'later' than 096b, right?
...there was a termcap package, which contains the termcap libraries, but
no libtermcap-devel.  If there are header files necessary in addition to
the libraries, does someone know where I can obtain them packaged for SuSE
9.1?

After pulling down all the source from CVS, the script begins compiling.
It finds a 2.6 kernel, and tells me that kernel sources aren't necessary
with 2.6 kernels.  It then proceeds to compile several modules, but quits
when the compile of zttest returns a message telling me that I need kernel
sources in order to compile.

Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin