[Asterisk-Users] What route do diverted SIP calls travel?

Andy Burns digiumasterisk at adslpipe.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 04:40:46 MST 2004

If I have inbound SIP calls arriving from a provider's gateway to an
asterisk server on my LAN, which then routes the call back out via the
provider's gateway to a PSTN number, once the call is answered do all
the voice packets pass through my asterisk PBX, or is SIP intelligent
enough to patch the two PSTN ends of the call direct to each other going
only via two ports on the provider's gateway?