[Asterisk-Users] Issues getting Asterisk Realtime configured and operational

Jason Goecke jsgoecke at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 01:25:56 MST 2004

I have installed the CVS Head as of 12/12/04, as well
as the asterisk-addons to ensure that
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_config_mysql.so exists.

I have configured the following (after building a new
DB with the appropriate SQL examples, with mods to
drop the invalid keys, on the Wiki):

- /etc/asterisk/res_mysql.conf

[general]
dbhost = 127.0.0.1
dbname = my_db
dbuser = my_uname
dbpass = my_secret
dbport = 3306
dbsock = /tmp/mysql.sock

- /etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf

; Extconfig.conf for realtime configuration

voicemail => mysql,my_db,voicemail_users

(Just want to try something simple such as voicemail
for the initial testing.)

I have removed the [default] section from my
voicemail.conf. When I try to access voicemail after
restarting Asterisk, no voicemail config is found.

Anyone have any luck?
---------------------
I notice I get this error at startup:

parse error: No category context for line 1 of
/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf

If I change my extconfig.conf to:

; Extconfig.conf for realtime configuration

[default]
voicemail => mysql,my_db,voicemail_users

The error goes away, but the config still does not
work. Can't find anything on the new Wiki pages on the
subject though.
---------------------
Also posted here:

http://asterisk.xvoip.com/viewtopic.php?t=764&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=