[Asterisk-Users] Very Cool.........Asterisk Made Wired Magazine

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 00:39:57 MST 2004

> I suppose Asterisk is first going to get press as an über-geek's
> home-brew PBX, but I sometimes wish this weren't so. It is such a
> legitimate technology that it should be getting press in more industry
> publications. Ah well, that'll come in good time I guess.

You're right there, Jim: "if it bleeds, it leads" is the motto of TV
news, that gives an idea of the press mentality. I always thought
Wired was more of a yuppie lifestyle magazine than one to attract
phrackers or real hackers. Still, there may be an influx of newbies
looking to "spoof cid". If this happens, I hope questions will be
answered without scaring anyone who is really interested away.

With the upward spiral of voIP popularity and buzz, asterisk should be
talked about in something like PC Magazine where suits look at stuff
to buiy for their offices. Maybe someone should try to gather some
soho case studies and offer them to a widely-read "serious" computer
magazine, "serious" meaning one read by people who are either small
biz owners or who have decisional power for small and mid level
business strategy.