[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi performance

Marc Storck mstorck at luxadmin.org
Sun Dec 12 20:33:08 MST 2004

Hello,

I have a weird problem. My * server, a Pentium Celeron 1200 with 512 MB
Ram and a Digium E100P card, is performing very well for IAX2, SIP and
ZAP communication. There is no delay in transcoding, no packet loss etc etc.

Now I added DUNDi, and I added +/- 8 peers in the dundi-test context and
1 peer in the GPA-bound e164 context. My server shows all but 1 peer as
OK. DUNDi Ping times are between 20 and 200 ms.

The Problem is, that no server but one can get a stable connection via
DUNDi to my server. DUNDi ping times for my server are between 3000 an
7000 ms. Most servers have qualify of 2000ms, some even 500ms, so my
server is quite always UNREACHABLE for those peers.

When I activate DUNDi DEBUG, I can see that incoming DUNDi packets do
take all long time before they show up in the * console, and they always
show up with a whole bunch of others (filling 2-3 screens). But then the
debug output stops in the middle of 1 debug packet, to continue over 20
seconds later (if it continues).

The actual CPU load is "load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00".

I cannot find the problem, maybe someone over can help me!

Thanks,

Marc
--
CTO                            Marc Storck
MS Networks SA                 mstorck at luxadmin.org
Internet Service Provider      http://www.luxadmin.org
15, route d'Esch               Phone: +352 2727 3030
L-4544 Belvaux                 Fax:   +352 2727 3060