[Asterisk-Users] Any plans for video in oh323?

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Sun Dec 12 19:25:29 MST 2004

I did my happy first install of asterisk (cvs), and everything is
working great so far, with one exception.

Since I need h323 support, I first built chan_h323 with openh323
and pwlib pandora, and while the build went ok usage did not.

More specifically, while asterisk would accept h323 calls, no
voice was transmitted, hangup of the client was not recognized and
the server didn't properly shut down any more.

So I switched to oh323 with openh323 and pwlib janus, again the build
went alright, and this time usage did too :)

The only thing (obviously) missing from oh323 is video transport, hence
my question: is this feature planned in the near resp. far future?
I guess quite some people would be happy to see it included ...

Thanks, Bruno.