[Asterisk-Users] Pattern-matching in the dial-plan

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Dec 12 13:00:44 MST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Wilson Pickett wrote:

> > dialled is a "#" or not.  It's as if the parser assumes everything
> > after the "." will match and doesn't look any further.  Is this expected
> > behaviour?

> Yes, the dot says match ANYTHING from here on AFAIK

To be precise it will match one or more digits, ognoring the rest of the
pattern as well. There is no match zero-or-more wildcard and no wildcard
that tries to continue to read the pattern after the wildcard.

The former can easily be implemented, we had to do it to handle some cases
of overlap dialing. We'll clean it up and submit it later.

The latter case could probably be implemented in the
  ast_extension_match
  ast_extension_close
  EXTENSION_MATCH_CORE
functions in pbx.c. Alternativly a regular or extended regexp could be
added as a an extension switch, similar to pbx_loopback.c. Yet another
option would be to integrate it with the res_perl in asterisk-addons.

Peter