[Asterisk-Users] Can I re-write an incoming caller-id?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sun Dec 12 04:10:29 MST 2004

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

> Dan Weber wrote:
>
>> check out application SetCallerID

Thanks that worked, ... for some lines only.

I have still the problem that I cannot get the caller-id from the pstn
line. Maybe I do something wrong with the procedure.

I changed in zapata.conf to all combinations:

cidsignaling =    bell, v23 and dtmf
cidstart = ring and polarity

after saving I reloaded in the running asterisk console and tried a call.
There is no caller id to see!!!
A parallel phone to the pstn line shows the caller-id though. So it must
be just a setting!!!

Since I use "9" as the prefix to dial the pstn line I setup my
extensions.conf

exten => s,1,NoOp(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3, SetCallerId(9${CALLERIDNUM})

and see now the "9" on my display but not the callerid of the caller.

bye

Ronald