[Asterisk-Users] RE: Voice Prompt Info

alspachfam at charter.net alspachfam at charter.net
Sat Dec 11 16:50:53 MST 2004

First of all, I generally skip messages that have the entire digest
subject as well.  I am always thinking that it was somebody who has left
the entire digest in their reply.  Sorry I missed the subject in my
messages.
Second, currently the plan is to have Allison (the same person who
recorded the rest of the prompts) record just the title of the
department.  I think, we already have everything else needed to put
together the prompts our selves.
I have found that I get fairly decent results editing the files together
to make my prompts.  I know that I can just have them played one after
another but editing them together gives me a bit more control of the timing.
If anyone has any objections to recording the files this way, please let
me know. It just seems that it is the most flexible.  It allows you to
say "For accounting press one" , "The accounting department is closed
today", "You have reached the accounting department", etc...

Thanks;
James