[Asterisk-Users] Migrating from CVS HEAD to Stable 1.0.3?

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Sat Dec 11 13:06:11 MST 2004

I am sorry to ask such a simple questions.

I have been using Asterisk successfully for well over a year
now on three servers. I was using CVS HEAD, and the last
time I updated was sometime back in July.

I decided to switch to the recent stable 1.0.3. I built
zaptel, libpri and asterisk, and installed them in that
order. All installations reported success. (I stopped
asterisk before installing any of them...)

When I started up safe_asterisk (and connected to the
console), the first error I got was that iaxprov.conf wasn't
found. I copied the sample from there to /etc/asterisk and it
then got a little further. The last message I see is that it
found phone.conf, and then it dies with an "Error 1". I am
sorry but I don't have the exact error message in front of
me, and I had to revert quickly so that my phone would work.

When "migrating" (I don't know if it's downgrading or
upgrading) from a July CVS HEAD to 1.0.3, do I need to do
anything special, like:

1) Add, change or delete any of my existing conf files in
/etc/asterisk, or should they "just work"?

2) Remove the modules from the old build before doing the
install (I assumed that they would just be overwritten, but
perhaps that isn't the case...)?

3) Anything else?!?

Again, if this appears in any docs, I really apologize, but
a quick skim of the doc directory didn't seem to contain a
file that seemed to cover this situation...

Thanks in advance for any guidance!