[Asterisk-Users] What might be blocking RTP

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Sat Dec 11 09:35:22 MST 2004

When I make a call from a SIP phone to a speaking extension on *, such
as one that speaks digits or similar, when I monitor * in very verbose
mode I can see it running through the routine associated with the
extension, but I am getting no RTP data stream back to the phone.

Does the machine housing * need a sound card?
Does it need OSS or ALSA modules installed?
What actually generates the RTP data stream?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;