[Asterisk-Users] voicemail from mysql / change password

Brad Hughes brad at staff.pnc.com.au
Sat Dec 11 09:13:36 MST 2004

Im having a problem where I've just switched from static configs to "realtime" configs stored in mysql

It's all working fine (in terms of it reading the configs and loading them as it should), except my problem is that if a user changes there voicemail password via the "Advanced Options (0)" in the Voicemail menu via there SIP phone, the password doesn't get updated in the mysql database (like it used to in the static voicemail.conf file) - and consequently the next time I reload asterisk, there voicemail password gets reset back to whatever it was/is in the mysql database.

Am I overlooking something, or is there an easy solution? If I could just disable the change password option in Voicemail, that'd be enough for me (and force them to change it via a web interface). Is that do-able?

Here's the line from my extconfig.conf:

voicemail => mysql,asterisk,users

And the mysql users table schema:

CREATE TABLE users (