[Asterisk-Users] IAXy: no dial tone

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 07:50:42 MST 2004

> Not a European phone expert, but would that phone work on a US POTS
> telephone network?  Is the signalling and ringer voltage the same as US?

You're right to put that in question. I've had issues with older
Siemens phones (purchased in France) on both IAXy and Digium cards.
They don't ring at all without a patch in wcfxs.c to change ring
frequency for one thing. At the office our (horribly crappy Alcatel
$60 ) phone wokrs ok though, on the Digium TDM400P.

I currently have an old phone from the US connected to the IAXy.