[Asterisk-Users] IAXy: no dial tone

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 11 10:58:31 MST 2004

>What leds are lit?

Looking with the orange bit facing you, the network led on the left
(network) is permanently lit. The led on the right blinks once every 7
seconds or so. There is also the network plug's led which is lit. That's
all.

>What kind of phone is connected to it?

France Télécom Amarys 1400. It's supposed to work either with an AC
adapter or even without (lifeline). I've tried both scenarios - no
change. It's a pretty standard phone and works fine on a normal landline.

>Can you call it? (watch the IAXy, even if phone doesn't ring you can
>see the led react to ring)

When I ring it, the led that blinks every 7 seconds or so then starts to
blink much faster, by bursts - so it looks like it's working. Except
that the phone which is plugged onto it doesn't ring - and if I pick it
up nothing happens...

I'm thinking that the device came with a 9V 800 milliamp AC adapter, and
I have read somewhere on the site that the IAXy needs 1200 milliamp and
that it might be the problem. Can anybody confirm?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.