[Asterisk-Users] Can I re-write an incoming caller-id?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Fri Dec 10 23:04:19 MST 2004

Can I re-write an incoming caller-id?

Example:
I have a connection to fwd, where I use a prefix 393. When I dial a fwd
number I dial first 393 followed by the fwd number.

I would like to have this number displayed when I get a call from there,
so that I can use on my phone the function dial back and would dial via
fwd again.

In addition I would like to have a special sign between what would not
be dialed. E.g. a dash  393-5551234 that would make it more clear for me
who called and how (s)he called.

bye

Ronald