[Asterisk-Users] udev or not?]

Lee leeb00 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 17:04:36 MST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:46:26 -0800, Jose Hernandez
<jfhernandez_01 at verizon.net> wrote:
> > If I reboot and immediately do a "ztcfg -vv" I get the well
> > known "Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'. If I then do
> > a "modprobe wcfxo" this error disappears and Asterisk runs fine.
> >
> > Asterisk runs fine as long as I do a modprobe wcfxo after each
> >> reboot, prior to running Asterisk. I can make and receive calls
> > through the x100p. I would just like to solve the error issue. Thanks.
> >

> It seems like you are using udev check services if you are not sure.
>
> Try making this change;
> "9-Edit the file /etc/init.d/zaptel and replace all:
> insmod with modprobe
> and rmmod with modprobe -r"
>
> It is in http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Linux%20Fedora
>
> - Jose

Thanks, but there is no zaptel file in /etc/init.d/
I'm using White Box Linux, which is derived from RHEL 3. Kernel is 2.4.x

I'm still not sure whether this system uses udev or not, but * works
as long as I do a "modprobe wcfxo" prior to starting Asterisk. My goal
right now is simply trying to get that module loaded at boot time on
this system.

--
Lee