[Asterisk-Users] Ripping CD audio for MOH

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Fri Dec 10 15:50:02 MST 2004

Thomas Johnson wrote:
> Hello-
>
> I've got some audio CDs that I'd like to use for MOH.

I just thought I'd point this out seeing as no one else has.

It is illegal to use an artist's music for music on hold without the
copyright holders permission.

You can download royalty-free music from various sources on the web.

Buying a CD does not give you ownership of the copyright for it, and
most licences to use CD's are for personal listening pleasure only.

If you are going to use a CD/song in a commercial setting, the least you
can do is send the artist an anonymous payment for his/her services.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell