[Asterisk-Users] Linux basics

Jim Guy jim_guy_mt at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 14:29:59 MST 2004

Hello,

I am just starting to research Asterisk and I would like to install it on a PC to try out. I have looked around quite a bit but I haven't found much information on the Linux part. I know you need to put Linux on the PC first but what version or flavor of Linux do you recommend? I contacted Red Hat and they had not heard of Asterisk and they said Asterisk is not certified for Red Hat. Are there any Linux installation instructions that you would recommend? If there are any other getting started suggestions, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim Guy
Billings, MT