[Asterisk-Users] providing battery reversal from Asterisk to legacy pbx

Samudra E. Haque haque at pradeshta.net
Fri Dec 10 12:04:51 MST 2004

> You need to configure your legacy PBX to send a flash through from your
> legacy phone to the legacy FXS port that is hooked to a * FXO port. This
> is not something you can do from the * side.
>
> *0 is asterisk's way of doing this. You need to find out if your legacy
> PBX has a similar method. It may not be possible. Of course you failed
> to mention what kind of PBX you have, so nobody can possibly advise you
> further, and at that point it's off-topic.

Ok, if I reverse the situation where the connectivity is as follows:

Asterisk PBX with FXS port is now connected to CO/FXO port of legacy PBX
Asterisk zaptel.conf is:

[root at ax1 etc]#  grep -v "^#" zaptel.conf
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

fxols=1
fxsls=3-4

and Asterisk zapata.conf is:
signalling=fxo_ls
language=en
callwaiting=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
context=foo
callerid="bar" <+1234567890>
usecallerid=yes
channel => 1

Can I set any additional parameter to make the Asterisk FXS port use battery
reversal to signal the legacy PBX it is terminating the call ? I am using
TDM400P from digium of course, if this card does not support it, what card
does ?

-samudra

---