[Asterisk-Users] MySQL

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Fri Dec 10 11:18:49 MST 2004

OK. You don't have most recent version of Asterisk. In the CVS,
mysql-vm-routines.h has been completly removed.

>   What exactly is this new "RealTime" stuff? Is this an existing package
> that's being integrated into Asterisk or something made from scratch?

RealTime is being developed by mark himself into the core of asterisk.
RealTime is an asterisk database abstraction.

RealTime removes TONS of database specific code (look at app_voicemail.c for
example of TONS of code) and replaces it with 1 or 2 lines. The connection
handling, query execution, etc..is all handled by a RealTime "driver". There
are currently only 2 drivers, ODBC and MySQL.

The purpose of this was to (again) remove the specific code from each
application and replace it with "generic" calls. Inside your extconfig.conf
you assign certain key words (aka "families") to be bound to a specific
driver, database and table name.

config.c/config.h handles the registration of these families. So that when
you use RealTime to load a specific family, the driver you associated with
it is called.

wiki is comming this weekend..i promise..

-Matthew