[Asterisk-Users] urgent outbound dialing problem

Ryan Courtnage ryan-lists at voxbox.ca
Fri Dec 10 09:54:28 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-12 at 10:29 -0500, Andrei (MPI) wrote:
> Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
>
> > Andrei (MPI) wrote:
> >
> >> I have same problem with TDM400P FXO.  Had to reload wctdm 3 times in
> >> a row tonight, in order to get rid of this annoying problem.

> > I have experienced this before.  The problem was 1) the card was
> > sharing IRQs (see cat /proc/interrupts), 2) the motherboard (changing
> > the motherboard fixed it) or 3) the slot (changing the slot fixed it).

> I am afraid I am out of those options: it is the second server, 6th slot
> and 1001 hairs pulled out of my head. :) /proc/interrupts is showing no
> irq sharing etc etc.

We too have struggled with this.  We don't have the problem anymore, but
can't say for sure what fixed it.  Some more things to try:

- Yet another server.  If possible, try a PC with 100% Intel components.
We've standardized on Intel, and very rarely experience the problem
anymore.

- Ensure you are using filtered power (UPS or good powerbar ... make
sure the cleaning lady doesn't plug her vacuum cleaner into it!)

- IRQ masking with your HDD:  hdparm -u1 /dev/<drive>

- Someone once suggested:
---snip---
We have not experience with Digium cards. However we had similar
problems when installing legacy pbx. The problem: local ground. One easy
way to test the local ground is with a voltmeter measure the voltage
between the CO tip wire (in open loop state) and local ground. This must
be less than 2 VDC and must be stable (not oscillations). Correcting the
local ground all problems were fixed.
---snip---

- Perhaps it's environmental?  Sounds stupid, but try running your
server in a different room, or on a different rack.  I guessing these
cards are very sensitive to interference/noise.

I'd be very interested to know if you resolve the problem.
Ryan