[Asterisk-Users] MySQL Realtime Driver

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Fri Dec 10 09:01:00 MST 2004

Yes and No. You need to realize this isn't "Asterisk and MySQL".  This is
"Asterisk and RealTime using MySQL".  You can also have "Asterisk and
RealTime using ODBC" etc..

It is NOT the database that supports features. It is RealTime that supports
features.

RealTime is still in DEVELOPMENT. and more apps are slowly being added with
RealTime abilities.

Currently, the only officially supported RealTime configs are "sipfriends",
"iaxfriends", "voicemail" and "extensions". There are patches in progress
for MeetMe, and Directory.

Yes, you can store static *.confs into the database just like before.

You need to be running latest CVS. If you want to use ODBC->MySQL then you
don't need anything extra. If you want direct MySQL, get (from CVS)
asterisk-addons.

-Matthew