[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Data calls through *

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Dec 10 06:10:16 MST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Stuart Hirst wrote:

> We have a setup with * acting as the intermediary between an LG GDK 34i with
> PRI and a BT PRI with 8 channels.
>
> LG-GDK-34i -> pri (E1 crossover cable) -> E100p -> Asterisk -> E100P -> BT
> PRI
>
> We have normal calls from both digital and analogue extensions working fine
> on the GDK however we have a BRI ISDN router that makes data calls via the
> GDK and the calls do not get connected. This used to work when the GDK was
> directly connected to the BT PRI.
>
> * sees the call and switches it through to the correct destination number
> and the ISDN router sees the call as being answered however the call setup
> does not seem to get completed.

Your best bet is probably to run a pri intense debug on the spans and try
to see what goes wrong. I suspect the Answer is the problem. That may set
the channel up incorrectly.

We have a similar setup (bri modems hanging off our pbx, connected via a
pri) and it works nicely. Try to dial directly. You may have a problem
with the dial command loosing digits if you use overlap dialing on the
pri. Contact me if you do.

> exten => s,1,Answer ; Answer the line
> exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,3 ; Set Digit Timeout to 3 seconds
> exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10 ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds

Peter