[Asterisk-Users] SCRIPT: Fax Remvoal Please Call: 1-800...

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Dec 9 19:19:19 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 18:11 -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2004.12.09 17:56 Joseph wrote:
> > At time to time I receive some junk faxes from some advertising
> > companies that play smart and don't provide any TSI number so I can
> > not
> > bock them by the number in Hylafax.
>
> Do they not provide Caller*ID either?

No they don't provide any caller ID, if they did they would be on my
junk_fax_list long time ago.

I think it is illegal to send faxes with-out any identifier like caller
ID.  Though I don't know who to complain to about it.

> > Despite calling their Fax Removal Service 1-800-... number several
> > time
> > they refuse to obey my request.
>
> Not that I particularly want to advocate litigiousness, but filing a
> complaint with FCC will get their attention very quickly, believe me.
>
> http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/unwantedfaxes.html

Thank you for the link, will save it for future reference and use it for
sure.

--
#Joseph