[Asterisk-Users] possible OT - ADIT 600 question

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Dec 9 13:52:44 MST 2004

On December 9, 2004 03:47 pm, Shoval Tomer wrote:
> Say I get an ADIT 600 with two FXS8A and one FXO8A from ebay.
>
> a. Is it good for Asterisk?
> b. How do I connect the extensions and lines to it? Do I need a special
> jack? Can I get that jack in every corner?
> c. where can I find help for configuring it?
> d. what kind of backup does it have? Does it need to be reconfigured
> after a power outage?

a. yes
b. you hook up to the D50 jack on the back.  Easiest way to do this is to find
an AMP D50M - BIX cable (Has a male AMP D50 on one end and a BIX strip on the
other, usually 3' or so of cable between)
c. here or IRC, it's pretty simple though, you "connect" DS0s to the
appropriate T1.
d. it remembers its configuration when losing AC.  You can also get a copy of
the configuration with the "print config" command (or something similar).

-A.