[Asterisk-Users] conferece/Voice Mail features and LBR codecs (G7231, G729)

Nour Omar nouromar at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 9 12:55:35 MST 2004

Very quickly my question sinked to the bottom of the list without getting answer. So I had to rescue it :). Wow I think Asterisk is spreading like virus.
Anyway, my question again is that is it possible  that all my SIP endpoint use  G7231/G729 codecs and have Meetme and VoiceMail Features.   Suppose I  can get G729 and G7231 installed in  Asterisk.  In other words can Meetme application and Voice Mail use these codecs directly or indirectly through  transcoding?  What would the voice quality?
Thanks

Nour Omar <nouromar at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Hello, I would like to setup asterisk  in USA for company in ASIA. They need all the PBX features such as  voicemail and conference. The problem is that their internet bandwidth is weak. They can only use Low -bit-rate codecs such as G729 and G7231.   So I was wondering  if  this is  possible  with Asterisk with reasonable voice quality; can they use VoiceMail and Conference using these LBR codecs?
Would it work with Transcoding and without Transcoding.  Did anybody try this? If this works without transcoding would be  the best option.
Thank you very much.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: