[Asterisk-Users] Providers for PSTN Access

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Thu Dec 9 11:52:53 MST 2004

Hi,

I've been looking at the various SIP VoIP service providers and their
plans. I understand that Asterisk can be configured as a SIP client to
access, for example, a BroadVoice account to access the PSTN and discount
LD.

I see that a lot of the features provided by SIP VoIP service providers
are really not needed since Asterisk will provide them locally. I have no
plans on dropping my local PSTN line. My primary objective is quality PSTN
access for long distance. Preferably a flat rate for unlimited LD to US,
Canada and possibly Europe.

Are there any service providers that work better for Asterisk than others?

Thanks,
Adi