[Asterisk-Users] Silent IAX calls getting cut off

Dave Brooks mrdaveb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:19:24 MST 2004

Hi.

I'm new here so I hope this is a sensible question/sensible place for it.

I have a PSTN to IAX phone number with voipuser.org that I'm using to
test an IVR service. I phone the pstn number, and the * server plays
gsm files at me. The only trouble is that after approximately 40
seconds of silence (e.g. after background playback of a menu prompt)
the call gets cut off. Is this a common problem? I've already set the
ResponseTimeout to a big number. It doesn't get sent to the 't'
extension, it just says "Hungup" in *

I can easily get around this problem when waiting at a menu (e.g. just
background some music or repeat the menu after 30 seconds). But I want
to use the ControlPlayback function, and I don't see what I can do to
stop the call getting hung-up if the user chooses to pause the audio
for a while.

I don't think it's an issue with voipuser.org as the same happens with
our number from voicepulse. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
David Brooks