[Asterisk-Users] Silent IAX calls getting cut off

Dave Brooks mrdaveb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:05:27 MST 2004

Hi.

I'm new here so I hope this is a sensible question/sensible place for it.

I have a PSTN to IAX phone number with voipuser.org that I'm using to
test an IVR service. The only trouble is that after approximately 40
seconds of silence (e.g. after background playback of a menu prompt)
the call gets cut off. Is this a common problem? I've already set the
ResponseTimeout to a big number. It doesn't get sent to the 't'
extension, it just says "Hungup" in *

I can easily get around this problem when waiting at a menu (e.g. just
background some music or repeat the menu after 30 seconds). But I want
to use the ControlPlayback function, and I don't see what I can do to
stop the call getting hung-up if the user chooses to pause the audio
for a while.

I don't think it's an issue with voipuser.org as the same happens with
our number from voicepulse. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
David Brooks