[Asterisk-Users] channel banks

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Dec 9 08:59:10 MST 2004

On December 9, 2004 10:38 am, Dan Goscomb wrote:
> we are about to deploy an asterisk server. on the external side we will
> have an ISDN30e plugged in to a E100P card. On the internal side i wish
> to use a channel bank. Which products work best for this solution? Can
> another E100P be used? and if so... what channel banks are compatible?
> where can they be purchased? and whats the approximate cost?

I don't know of any E1 channel banks but a T1 channel bank will work *just
fine* for your application (with the exception that it's only 24 channels) --
You can use a T100P and T1 channel bank in the UK; I believe the ringing
voltage and current loops are all identical anyway.  The ringer cadence may
be north-americanized though.

T100P is US$500 new from Digium, T1 channel banks are about USD$250-$400 used
depending on how many channels and so on.

-A.