[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Monitor after Call Transfer failing to record the call

Craig Waddington craig at barony.com
Thu Dec 9 07:34:47 MST 2004

I have a problem with incoming calls being recorded after a supervised
transfer.

Call comes in, receptionist answers, caller put on hold, Asterisk
Monitor is recording, caller is on Hold, Callee picks up the call,
Asterisk Monitor Stops.

All recorded calls are named  CallerID to Exten.

Receptionist sees the incoming PSTN callerID, yet when we get a transfer
from the receptionist, we see her SIP callerID, not the incoming
callerID from the PSTN?

Which rules out, putting a Monitor line into our  macro-stdexten,  it
will record, but the filename will be local SIP CallerID's, and we end
up with two files for the one call.

We use Cisco 79XX.  Incoming is   CAPI BRI -> Asterisk -> Supervised
Transfer -> SIP.

Is there a way to continue the same recording after a transfer?

Is there a way to pass on the Incoming callerID to the SIP phones that
have the call transferred to?