[Asterisk-Users] Base Number and DIDs

Marc Storck mstorck at luxadmin.org
Thu Dec 9 06:09:26 MST 2004

Hello,

one of the numbers where historically configured to act the following way:

123456: Ring All Desks
123456-1: Ring Desk 1
123456-2: Ring Desk 2
... (I think you get the idea)

Configuring asterisk to do the same isn't that hard, but I now have one
problem, with users calling that number from PSTN. Those particular
users go off-hook and start dialing the number. The ZAP Channel claims a
match at 123456 it isn't waiting for an evt. digit that may follow.
The calling user does have a problem when he dials the number and goes
off-hook (the phone will dial the number at high-speed), the same is
true if the users uses the redial button.

So my question is, how can make asterisk or the ZAP channel wait a
little bit longer before he claims a match against a number in the
dialplan...

Thanks,

Marc
--
CTO                            Marc Storck
MS Networks SA                 mstorck at luxadmin.org
Internet Service Provider      http://www.luxadmin.org
15, route d'Esch               Phone: +352 2727 3030
L-4544 Belvaux                 Fax:   +352 2727 3060