[Asterisk-Users] four wildcards in a single pc

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Thu Dec 9 05:23:17 MST 2004

Hi.
Please excuse me asking this again. But it really puzzles me.

We're installing asterisk at a branch office at NJ (HQ is at
Petach-Tikva)
It'll need to support 5 POTS lines, 11 analog extensions and four VOIP
phones.

I wanted to go with a T1 card from digium and a channel bank, but we
have a dead line. It has to be up and running by January 1st.
I don't have the time to start shopping at ebay, where you don't know
what you'll get, and you need to install, under time pressure something
you not familiar with.

So I thought of installing a combination of four pci cards in the
machine, and everybody on the list just keeps telling me it won't work.

I have installed successfully more then four cards in a machine before.
I had a firewall with eight network interfaces (one quad card, one duo
and two singles)
I have machines with two dialogic boards, a pci display card, and a
network interface.
And I know I've had machines at home that had a display adaptor, modem,
network, scsi, and soundblaster all together.

Yet, people claim it won't work because of lack of IRQs, and that it's
not related to Digium.

What am I missing?

Shoval Tomer,
IT Manager,