[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe Features

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Dec 9 05:18:15 MST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Stojan Sljivic - Pamet wrote:

> I had a chance to use some call conferences that had some very neat
> functionalities:
> - When you call you are first asked for your name
> - When someone joins the conference a message "<name> is now joining the
> conference." is played.
> - When someone leaves the room a message "<name> has left to conference." is
> played.
>
> How can I set MeetMe/Asterisk to have such features?

One way is to do this by changing the MeetMe application.

Another way is to do this through the dialplan. The steps would roughly
be:
 1. Answer the call
 2. Authenticate the user using "authenticate", dialplan logic or an
    AGI script/program.
 3. Play a message asking for the callers name (only if the user has
    no previous sound clip on file?)
 4. Record the answer. Possibly store the filename in a database to be
    used in (3) later.
 5. Create a call file inte the outgoing spool. Make it dial to the
    meetme via the "local" channel type and, once that is up, jump to
    an extension that plays back the announcement and the sound recorded
    in (4) and then hangs up.
 6. After creating the call file put the user in the meetme as usual.

Untested, but I think it will work. You will need to familiarize yourself
with the outgoing call spool and the local channel (to allow you to loop
both ends into the dialplan).

Peter