[Asterisk-Users] Xorcom Rapid 0.9.0

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at technion.ac.il
Thu Dec 9 05:12:13 MST 2004

Hi

Version 0.9.0 of Xorcom Rapid Debian/GNU/Linux/Asterisk has just been
released.

Main changes:

* A decent version of Asterisk/Zaptel (1.0.2) is provided
* Includes a better default configuration
* Automatic detection of the most common Zaptel cards
* Contains more optional software (apache, MySQL, Webmin and others) -
  available via menu

You can get it from:

http://updates.xorcom.com/iso/
http://updates.xorcom.com/iso/rapid.iso
http://updates.xorcom.com/iso/RAPID.txt

We seek input in a number of areas. Specifically, our genzaptelconf and
zaptel-detect scripts for generating zaptel.conf and zapata.conf
automatically could use feedback.

Updating from previous version:
Due to some initial packaging issues the upgrade from version 0.5.2 is
much more complicated than 'apt-get dist-upgrade' .

The following procedure should be able to upgrade Xorcom Rapid 0.5.2 to
the current version. However it was only tested on a clean install.

# disable the original source (this adds a '#' before the apt source of
# the local CD. This is only required because of the versions of the
# zaptel packages.
sed -i -e 's|^deb.*/var/cache/rapid.*|# &|' /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get remove zaptel zaptel-modules-2.6.7-1-386 zaptel-modules-2.4.27-1-386
# press Enter for "yes"
apt-get dist-upgrade
# press Enter for "yes"
# here may come some configuration questions from some scripts
apt-get remove perl-modules xfree86-common ipchains rapid-tasks
echo base_exten=400 >/etc/default/zaptel.conf
apt-get install zaptel zaptel-modules-2.4.27-1-386
/usr/share/rapid-scripts/zaptel-detect-wrapper

# nice, but you can live without: replace login on consoles 5, 6 with
# rapid-menu-s currently in the modified /usr/lib/base-config/apt-setup
sed -i -e \
  's|^\([56]\):.*$|\1:2345:respawn:/usr/bin/rapid-menu  </dev/tty\1 >\&/dev/tty\1|' \
     /etc/inittab.real
telinit -q
chvt 1
# return to console 1. also cress ctrl-c or "restart" to restart
# the menu.
# you will still need to login and logout once on consoles 5 and 6 to
# get the menus there

We hope that we have now set the files and versioned packages better,
so next time the upgrade would be simpler.

--
http://xorcom.com/              |vim is a mutt's best friend|