[Asterisk-Users] Ethernet Channel Bank idea

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Dec 9 02:22:12 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 10:56 +0800, TinKoon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was told the Carrier Access Adit 600 supports ethernet based channel
> bank right out of the box. But I cannot confirm whether this is true as
> nobody seems to use the Adit 600 this way.

While the Adit 600 has a ethernet port standard, you can't put channels
across the ethernet. The ethernet port of the adit 600 is for logging
into the unit remotely and reconfigureing it. There doesn't seem to be
any connection from the ethernet port to anything beyond the backplane
as even the router card has it's own ethernet port on the front.